Annual Meeting Notice
The Annual Meeting of the MWD Federal Credit Union will be held on March 22, 2017, in the MWD Headquarters Building Courtyard Café. The meeting will be called to order at 2:00pm.
The number of seats on the Board of Directors is currently nine, but that number will now be expanded to eleven in order to offer more members an opportunity to get involved.
The Board is responsible for maintaining the general direction and control of the Credit Union to safeguard each member’s investments.
Nominations are posted below as well as in the Credit Union lobby.
MWD Federal Credit Union Board Member Election
Voting is now in progress, and ends on March 17th. The results of the election will be announced at our annual meeting: March 22nd, 2017.
If you prefer a paper ballot, please call 877-640-8821 and one will be sent to you.
If you prefer to vote electronically, click here.
The following members are the eligible candidates for the MWD Federal Credit Union Board of Directors:
- Guadalupe Arteaga started working at MWD in May 2009 in Information Security under Business Technology, supporting users with network access, application access and password assistance. She has been a member of MWDFCU since 1999. Guadalupe is a graduate of Cal State Los Angeles with a BS degree in Computer Science. She enjoys the challenge and experiences that come with volunteer work, having been involved with her sons’ schools and now actively volunteering at her church.
- Drew Boronkay is a Risk Manager at MWD. He has been in that position since 2002; an MWD employee since 1992 and an MWD FCU member for over 22 years. He has working knowledge of MWD FCU operations as an MWD Credit Union Board Member for the past 9 years. Drew has a BA in History 1984, UCLA and a MS Environmental Studies, CS Fullerton 1994. He has financial experience as a Stockbroker and knowledge and experience with the banking industry.
- Jim Chen started with MWD in 2006 as a consultant to the Program Management Unit. He became an employee in 2008 and is currently a Senior Project Control Specialist supporting over 60 projects and 500 million in CIP projects. Jim has been a member of MWDFCU since 2014 and is currently Acting Chair of the MWDFCU Marketing Committee. Jim graduated from Cal State Fullerton with a BA in Business Marketing.
- Bart Garcia is a licensed Mechanical Engineer with over 30 years of project management experience, primarily in water. He has managed numerous projects involving very diverse stakeholders. The budgets varied from small cap projects of less than $250K to several larger projects that aggregated up to $10M. He has been a member of MWDFCU since 1991.
- Encarnacion Gutierrez started with MWD in 2007 as a Project Manager in the PM Unit, and is now a Design Manager in the Design Unit. Both units are part of the Engineering Services Group. Encarnacion completed his BS in Engineering at UCLA in 2002, and his MS in Engineering at UC Berkeley in 2003. He began working in public works construction immediately after graduation. He has been a member of MWDFCU since 2011 and has experience in retail banking, real estate lending and budget management.
- Kamyar Motamedi has been employed by MWD since 1989. He is registered as a professional Civil Engineer in the State of California, and Environmental Engineer in the U.S. Kamyar received a BS in Civil Engineering from the University of Texas, Austin in 1983 and a MS in Environmental Engineering at LMU, Los Angeles in 1996. He has been a member of MWDFCU since 1990 and is currently a member of the MWDFCU Asset Liability Committee